Business Administration Apprenticeship
Brief overview of the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious business administration apprentice to join the small, friendly team within our growing business.
Hours of this apprenticeship are 9.00 am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday with one hour for lunch break each day. This is made up of time spent on the job and time spent training.
Total hours per week: 37.50
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of warranty and after sales administrative duties and will receive full training and support alongside industry professionals within a close knit and friendly team.
Duties and Qualification Units are to Include:
- Assist in setting up and sending out extended warranty policies to Customers.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining on-going Customer Accounts Raise, process, progress and chase warranty claims through to conclusion as directed.
- Proactively keep Warranty and After Sales Administrator informed of progress in settling warranty claims.
- Provide clerical support in the ordering and dispatch of parts to customers, dealers and field engineers as appropriate.
- Log the return of all failed units from field service engineers, customers and dealers and arrange return to factory.
- Act as a point of contact for calls from customers and direct calls as appropriate to Customer Support or After Care Manager.
- Assist in the production of monthly warranty reports and analysis of KPI’s.
- Provide support to the After Care and Customer Support Managers.
- Provide clerical and admin support for delivery of training courses to Customers and Dealers. Assist in making travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Undertake general office duties.
- Record customer feedback for inclusion in reports as specified by the After Care Manager.
- Work in harmony with all other personnel and to communicate in an open and courteous manner with colleagues and customers.
- Qualification Unit-Manage and improve own performance in a business environment
- Qualification Unit-Work and communicate in a business environment
- Qualification Unit-Understand the principles of personal responsibilities in a business environment
- Qualification Unit-Understand the principles of providing administrative services
A range of optional units will also be selected with the candidate and employer to form a personalised programme of learning which is relevant to the role.
Full training and support will be provided.
Requirements and prospects
- An existing understanding of Microsoft packages such as outlook, word and excel is desired for this role.
- An existing knowledge of customer service and office procedures would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills and a professional telephone manner are essential for this role.
- The successful candidate will possess the ability to work as part of a team.
- A genuine willingness to take on tasks and learn from mistakes.
- A strong work ethic and a proactive approach to working and learning.
No formal qualifications are required for this role.
Long term career opportunities are available with this employer and excellent progression opportunities to higher level qualifications are available through Independent Training College.
Things to consider
Administration roles by nature can be stressful so candidates must possess the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines when needed. Some elements of administration can be repetitive so candidates must be able to remain focused and motivated. Please note that the majority of the work involves administration but once per week there will be a physical element to the job with a requirement to pack and dispatch returned parts to our factory in Spain. This isn’t heavy manual labour but it is an aspect of the job not normally found in an admin type role.
How to apply
Contact Hannah Rodgers at Independent Training Services quoting reference number VAC001164284